Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hit Factory !! (Daddy's House)

During my sponsor visit I began to find myself as an artist. Struggling, with pitches, and finding my groove was very good for my development as a young artist. The studio setting for me is quite intimidating. This leads to lack in self confidence and I try too hard reach notes. I realized through my frustrations that I need to get comfortable in the studio to release the hits my fans would want to hear. On another note working with Brian is no joke. This man is an amazing artist with an amazing ear for pitches and trying to pull off a fake note simply does not work. For instance, while singing my cover song to Day 26’s Perfectly Blind, I sang a note that was pretty good if I must say so myself. But, Brian heard the not differently and thought it was flat so I ended up doing like 22 takes of that one part until it was perfect. The reason why he did this was because I asked him to make the best I can be by pushing me before my limits. I admire him for this because he cares enough to make better than I already am. (I can only imagine myself ten years from now…. Amazing.)

1 comment:

  1. If you only saw him in Groucho. He is blessed to have such talent and with continued hard work, you will also get there, Young Grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete