Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 17, 2010

Sponsor Substitute ! (Personal Master Yoda on my back!)

Last week I experienced yet again a set back with my sponsor visit with Brian, in the back of my mind I try to remember that I this happens sometimes. Instead, of beating myself with the help of Mr. Abrams I created a substitute sponsor with the help of TED Talks and youtube.com these websites allowed me to learn about Usher Raymond’s rags to richest beginnings. In Usher’s younger years he was notice to have the superstar quality that we now call iconic. He began in the church like many R&B artist his talents and ambition brought him to find a love in secular music. I can agree with the concept of finding music in the church and then having your talents over shine the church atmosphere. This is because I myself am experiencing the same torn feeling with my music experiences. For instance, this past summer I was in a youth choir at my church while trying to discover myself as an artist. The conflict caused me to become torn between Gospel and Secular music however; I did choose my path and its secular music. With this in mind I was forced to leave the group for educational and personal reasons but I am considering a victorious return to the world of gospel music for business purposes. The video documentary of Usher gave me the knowledge in knowing how to get myself exposure to begin a career in the entertainment industry. The video is called Usher “Papers” Documentary.

2 comments:

  1. How great that you found Usher in TED talks! I'm going to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete