Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 10, 2010

In The Mix !! (The Editing Experience)



With the recording process, editing happens to be one of the hardest parts of making music because you have to have the ear of perfection. I am learning how to hear things that the normal thing does not hear through my sponsor of Brian Walsh. He has perfect pitch and hears things that I cannot hear while I am sing in the booth. For example, while recording the background parts for “Perfectly Blind” by Day 26, he made me do 27 takes for this one part. I did not hear actually what was wrong with those parts but he some how did. All I remember him saying is “Your so close buddy… keep it up… you’re a little bit off, lets do it again.” So I used this lesson to make a mix for one of my favorite parts of this CD which is the Jackson Five Medley. (I cannot wait to sing the bars of that song) I used my own technique to mix the songs in my way and it my own personal tribute to the Jackson Five. “Good Times”

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed what you did to the Jackson's music. I can't imagine what you're going through in the mixing booth - so many takes and revisions - but I have such a good sense of the work that you're putting into your "baby."

    ReplyDelete