Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Relationships: Therapy and Wisdom Through Music. (Connection)


Relationships in life are created to be complicated and test your patience with your sweetheart. But, that does not give you the excuse to cheat and break hearts by wrong doing. I understand that relationships are like college it’s not for everybody because not everyone can handle the pressure and time management.

A wise man once told me, “There is a song for everything in this world. So you can release yourself in the song and let go of your drama.”

Guess what? That wise
man was correct. A relationship healing song for any man, woman, or child is called Slippin’ by Usher off of his Raymond versus Raymond album. The song speaks from a man’s point of view of relationships and how he feels about being caught cheating or slipping. This song is really meant to be serious talk from man to man to be honest it makes me think of any times I’ve cheated or been cheated on. For example, I recently went through some serious heart break with my ex-girlfriend we both played the role of wrong doers. I did her wrong and then she up and did me wrong more than once. To make a long story short were going to work things out and then she up and leaves for another guy while telling me later about the situation. The result of this angered me and caused me to go into a slight depression. But, things began to turn around after I heard Slippin by Usher. It gave me the wisdom and strength to move on while knowing things will eventually change.

The main thing I learned through this is:
Music is like radiation treatment for cancer. However, this concept only works if you truly understand and know the power of music. The reason why I say this is because when words fail music succeeds it’s your way to let the world know what exactly you want to say through rhythms and melodies. I just want to say, “One man’s lost is another man’s gain!”




1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about hearing music. I think, though, that SINGING has more curative qualities. Singing "Lullabye of Broadway" as I rehearse for tomorrow's show invigorates me!

    ReplyDelete