Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 26, 2010

"It's a small world after all !" (Field Trip Blog)




Last week I experienced a little bit misfortune with my sponsor visit with Brian. We had some miscommunication and forgot our meeting date. In result, I lost a sponsor visit but my advisors told me this happens; sometimes things do not go as you may plan. But I know now I have to take this experience and learn from it like Simba did when Old Rafiki hit him with the stick. Speaking of the Lion King, instead of having a sponsor visit I chose a substitute --- to see the Broadway Musical the Lion King this past Saturday with a group of friends. Watching this show brought me back to my childhood days watching the Disney film everyday afterschool. I admired the creativity of bringing the Disney magic to the stage. My favorite scene in the movie is “Mufusa’s Second Coming.” This is the scene where Mufusa comes back to stir Simba back into the circle of life, to give him a true wake up call to tell him to “Remember.” The main reason why I loved this part is because it’s one of my favorite scenes in the movie. It shows the true power of a father’s image and voice. It only took Mufusa to speak and show his face to his son to set him straight and I think that is true love.

Just like most Christians today, their week may have been really bad and all they need is one word from their heavenly Father and all will be set right. The Finale scene is the most moving to me because Simba hears his father's word saying "Remember". He then orders Simba to the circle of life. In the end, I loved the show the music and the actors were great. 5 Stars! (Two of my favorite scenes from the Lion King)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEW5g9TeNbc


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-gzUVVpezU



No comments:

Post a Comment