Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 19, 2010

Who are you ?


Jesus once asked his disciples, “Who do men say that I am?” The disciples sprang into a thunderous conversation about which people said that Jesus was they said “some say you are John the Baptist or a Great Prophet.” Then Jesus hit them with a bomb asking, “Who do you say that I am?” Stunned by the question the disciples looked around puzzled trying to find the words to say or even a good enough examples to please Jesus’ ears. After a few moments of silence a stern voice in the distance said, “I say you are the Christ, son of the living God.” Happy with his answer Jesus placed a blessing on this special disciple that no one could take away whether they were human or spiritual.


This short story is one of my favorites because it shows that you may know who you are but you really know who you are when your loved ones tell you to your face. A secret of mine is that I have twelve friends or followers like Jesus while know who would betray me at the drop of a hat. I did this purposely to have a circle of friends and within the circle I have 4 others who I am very close with. So now I ask the same questions: Who do men say that I am and who do you say I am ?

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting about having access to 12 people whom you trust. Are you saying that you deliberately planted a traitor in your midst?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fact that you made a different viewpoint from a connection. Agreed this blog captures my interest.

    ReplyDelete