Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 4, 2010

MUSICAL DIVINITY !! "TELL EM THAT ITS HUMAN NATURE." YOU THINK ?







 What is about music that lefts spirits and calms the human mind? Some believe that music was given to us by God in order to bring glory to Him. When some also believe that music is the universal language of God and this is the way we communicate with the heart of God. A writer at www.srichinmoy.org states "Music is the inner or universal language of God. I do not know French or German or Italian. But if music is played, immediately the heart of the music enters into my heart, or my heart enters into the music."



Although the statement above is an opinion, I feel the same way about music and God. I feel that music was given to us to appreciate and make an interpretation through it to connect back with the source. I was asked, why do you like music and why do you like to perform? To my amazement I was stunned by the question so I delayed my answer. While thinking of a true answer, I listened to Perfectly Blind by Day 26 and the answer came to me. The reason why I love music is because it brings me closer to God through the excitement and peace I feel while listening and singing songs. The reason why I truly love to perform is because I the stage is my sanctuary; it is the place where all my troubles disappear. When I step on stage to deliver a performance I have an outer body experience where I feel a divine presence allowing me to move and sing with grace and style.


So, what I am going to prove will be the connection with Music and the Divine. I want to know what causes human beings to react the way we do with music and why can’t other living things do the same. I want to prove that there is a connection with God and Music.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. McGee:
    You just set the bar, and you really got me thinking about your excellent topic: the relationship between man-made music and the Almighty, who endowed us with the spark to make it and appreciate it.

    Music and song is part of the lituragy for most religions. Perhaps during the project you'll sample Jewish, Muslim, and Catholic
    music types.

    Check out the following: http://www.sixsongs.net/

    ReplyDelete