Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Kite Runner & Mr. McGee. Part III

In Chapter 23, Amir has an episode of slipping in and out of consciousness. During this time of disadvantage Amir has a session of enlightenment. Through these in and out periods Amir has another dream but this time it is about Baba and he is wrestling a bear.



With curiosity I researched what a bear symbolizes. A bear is thought to possess diplomacy equal to its great strength and it is the emblem of ferocity in the protection of kindred. A bear is also a symbol of healing and personal health, strength and bravery. So to my amazement Baba is fighting with strength and bravery. And I wondered if this was leading to something but I suddenly disappointed.


I really did not connect to this part of our reading. This was really strange because I usually have some strong connections to the book and myself. Unfortunately, this is not the case, sorry followers.

1 comment:

  1. Your bear inquiry paid off! You picked apart its symbolic significance and made a connection like a college English major! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete