Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 11, 2009

The Kite Runner Chap. 1-9 Something I Never Knew !!


Throughout this novel I've heard of two types of Muslim religions or cultures that I did not know existed.
The Shi’a Muslim and Sunni Muslim groups were in continous rotation in the books pages, and I wondered who they were and why are they so important. With curiousity I looked up who each tribe or group was and what their purpose is. Sunni Islam is the largest branch of Islam, comprising at least 85% of the world's 1.4 billion Muslims.[1] Sunnis are also referred to as Ahl as-Sunnah wa’l-Jamā‘ah (Arabic: أهل السنة والجماعة‎ "people of the tradition (of Muhammad) and the community").The Shi'a Muslim are based on the teachings of the Islamic holy book, the Qur'an and the message of the final prophet of Islam.
They both use the studies of the Holy Quran. .

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post! You now know more about Islam than 98% of all Americna adults.

    ReplyDelete