Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 11, 2009

The Kite Runner and Me !

During, chapter seven of Kite Runner I realized a similar situation that occured in my life over the past year. In chapter 7, Hassan shares a dream that he had the Amir. In this dream he shows a tremendous amount of character like bravery, and leadership. Through these traits he displays, he reveals to the people that it is safe to swim in the lake even though there is an alleged monster inhabiting it. Hassan's dream gave Amir the courage and strength he needed to fight in the tournament. To quote Hassan he stated, "There's no monster, just a beautiful day." With those words in mind Amir fought a good fight on what Hassan calls "a beautiful day." 

Ironically, my situation was quite similar to Hassan and Amir's because it starts with a dream that gives someone else the courage they needed. Recently, last year two friends and I had the priviledge of going to the NJ PAC Center to perform an orignal song. However, the night before a member of my group expressed to me how afraid to perform in the show. With this in mind I prayed and ask for a way to give my group member the courage he needed. Better than being told what to say I was shown what to do with my group member. I was shown to calm him down and tell him relax, feel the rhythm, and let everything, your emotions and talent flow through you. He took my words to heart and we performed the song the way it was supposed to be performed. I've learned sometimes it takes a friend to tell you your true potential. .

No comments:

Post a Comment