Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

AM I MY BROTHER'S KEEPER ?

While reading an online edition of MTV News, I came across a shocker in the music world. The band Day 26 lost a member, the baby of the group, Que. In a video Que states, “I love Day26 and I just wanted to move forward with my management. I feel bad for my brothers because they don't get it, and they making me seem like the bad guy. But no, MTV don't got control of this no more, I'm telling the world the truth, it's [Day26 manager Joseph 'Screwface' Charles] Screwface, it's not Puff.” With this statement in mind, I feel that if Que had a problem with the management, he should have spoken to Screwface and handled his business. I know that the music business is a great field to work in but, it does get dirty. As I continued to read it was revealed the Day 26 dropped Que and not the other way around.

So, the question comes to mind, am I my brother‘s keeper? These young artist began together in a competion as brothers, who fought for the same goal. It blows my mind how fame and money destroys male pop groups. I feel that we all need to take a slice of humble pie and slowly digest each bite until we realize all we have is a BLESSING.

1 comment:

  1. I really dug your metaphor at the end of the blog. Didn't these guys perform at our school a few years ago?

    ReplyDelete