Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 11, 2010

2300 Jackson Street


Over the weekend I had the pleasure of enjoying some free-time to watch some educational TV. I watch the reality series the Jackson Family Dynasty, which took a close look at the Jackson brother’s life after Michael Jackson. While watching the show the brothers did something strange and unusual to me, they went into “lockdown” for a show. During, this show the brothers went into lockdown to focus on their music and their new album. Recently, the brother’s made promise to perform a show for a benefit event and now they are working on a show for their 40th anniversary special.


Throughout the show, I learned that family is a key to success and fortune in the world of fame. Also, I learned a new strategy for working on a show or anything for that matter. The strategy is lockdown. The musical/artistic definition for lockdown is drop everything and focus on your craft; avoiding temptation from girls, media, and family. This strategy only works with a location that is hidden to others.

I am going to use this strategy for my own show the Michael Jackson Tribute. Everyday, I we learn something new that will bless our futures.

1 comment:

  1. Go back and read my entry about the artist Gorky on my blog. He did the same thing as the Jackson, only he called it a creation chamber, a room where he cut himself off from distractions to polish whatever project was on the burner. Do you need a creation chamber?
    20/20

    ReplyDelete