Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Entertainment Careers !!!

Martin Luther said, "If you want to change the world, pick up your pen."

This quote is essential to my growth for being a music artist and a writer. I learned that a writer is a creative individual who can "invent"  something out of nothing. So, while reading this book, I've learned something new about myself that I am a Composer. Although, I do not write music for both instruments and vocals like most composers I am still a composer of R&B. Most composers get hired to write the music for theatrical musical productions.

Another skill I learned that I prize is songwriting. I am a songwriter and according to the Entertainment Careers book, my main focus should be on writing melodies, lyrics, or both. Most songs that I write about love, pain, and romance.

1 comment:

  1. I taught a unit once that that trained students to plant metaphors, similes, and other poetic devices into their essays. Using figurative language is one of the staples of creative writing.

    I used to muse to myself that one day, with millions of people writing and recording music, that we'll eventually run out of appealing combinations for musical notes. Is this likely.

    I have a question that I'd like to answer for me: What is the difference between noise and music?

    ReplyDelete