Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Trying Tenderness to Dropout !!!!

My connection this week is about a film I had the privilege to a year ago called, “This Christmas”.
This Christmas was about a family who comes home to visit for the holidays and then all hell breaks loose. The kids reveal certain secrets, find love, loose love, come back to the family, and reveal their talents.

My favorite character of the movie was “Baby”, played by Chris Brown because we had a common gift of song. However, in his family, his mother did not want him to sing because she thought music was the root of all evil. So, Baby wa scared to tell his mother that he wanted to sing because of how she would react.

In comparison, my connection to this character has the same story but with a twist because my mother knew I had a voice but, when I told her I had a solo in Grease she began to doubt. (Or at least that’s what I felt like when I told her.) The funny thing is last Christmas my family and I were watching us the film and my grandmother said “That will be you!” I had no clue what she was referring to but after Grease we all figured out what she meant. (Fate is a fickle friend isn’t it?)

Lastly, in the film Baby’s brothers and sisters went to a night club with no clue that Baby was there performing because earlier that day he told them he had a date. So, Baby was called the stage and suddenly the family was shocked then wanted the older brother to stop him from performing. But to their amazement Baby could really sing and blew them away. (It’s a power scene) Well this happened to me during Grease because my mother was really surprised and by the applause the crowd loved it. Well, I am out of time but I am never out of word this is Antione McGee signing off saying, “God is Love.”

1 comment:

  1. I knew that you had something when you had the guts to sing between the shows at My Fair Lady. It sounds like Grease was really transformational for you, and I'm so glad to have help cast you at T.A
    1

    ReplyDelete