Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 19, 2010

The Sit-Down with Brian… Sponsor Visit.


After a long week of saying thank you and smiling from my performance in Grease I finally got to sit back and enjoy another artists company without the spotlight being on me. Today, I met up with Brian for some very interesting conversation about music and the type of things we are going to prepare for. A very interesting thing about my visit is that it began where our journey with Grease ended at the Stratford Diner. We entered into a very tasteful discussion over delicious lunch specials Brian ate a Tuna Sandwich and I enjoyed a Caesar salad with light dressing.


Our conversion began with a simple question from Brian, “what kind of music do you want to make and how do you want it to sound?” Pausing with excitement I answered, “The kind of music I want to perform and sing is both old school and new school.”

Then I went into the name of the CD which is “THE GEMINI (PAST TO PRESENT)”, the name itself sets up the structure of the CD and how it is going to sound. Recently, I told you about the demo guidelines that all artists format their albums by and we had to go back to those notes to help choose the music. He introduced me to an artist called Michael Buble to listen to and become familiar with his music, I have to say Mr. Buble is really good. In the mist of our sparks flying while brainstorming about ideas we hit a huge discovery to use my love for MJ and put it to good use.

So I had Brian listen to Dirty Diana by MJ because he never listened to it and he thought the song was amazing. As he listened I watched his facial expressions to see what he was thinking when something outstanding happened he came up with a way for me to remake the song. He went into the arrangement and how we were going to change things make the song become blues and jazz with a hint of Seal. At the end of the day I learned a lot and I am glad that I met Brian Walsh he is a great guy.

1 comment:

  1. You, Mr. McGee have hit what I call the project "sweet spot," because now you can really get your teeth into what you need to do with your project, making it perhaps one of the most constructive, gratifying projects you've ever done in school. This is a chance to REALLY be creative.

    I also like how you're "teaching the teacher" wih music selections. Yes, Brian is a great guy. I can't wait to hear about your future visits.

    ReplyDelete