Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 5, 2010

The Apprentice "Who wants to work for Brian"

Wednesday was my first real meeting with my sponsor Brian, although I already knew him I still wanted to make a good impression. Most of the time when I got together with Brian was for practice, but this time was different we had business to discuss. Brian and I talked about my overall project with great detail. I expressed my urge to write, producer, advertise, market, and sing my own CD. He smiled and told me well this is what you have to do; he gave a format to follow for an effective Demo:

Demo Guidelines

1. Best Vocal
2. Catchy hook
3. Best arrangement
4. Cover Song
5. Ballad
6. Message Song
7. Cover Song

Using this knowledge I did a little research of my own to see if the standard is true. The experiment I conducted consisted in me listening to a CD to see if most artist follow the same guidelines for their records. To my amazement, this music sterotype was true, a lot of artist like Michael Jackson, The Jacksons, Chris Brown, Trey Songz, Usher, and etc use this guidelines. I also discovered that the guidelines were created to trap or make the listener, listen to their album from cover to cover. Currently, I am working on the music for my project and their is a lot to be done in a short amount of time and I know in the future I will have these:

 And the Winner Is ? ....

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are off to a great start. I really like the idea of producing your own CD. Why not start now in high school. Imagine recording a number of tracks, and perhaps getting someone to help you with a CD cover. Imagine uploading yourself to Youtube like the Legaci guys. This can all be bundled into your project presentation this spring!

    ReplyDelete